Flooring and wall decorative screed
Microcement – creative, upscale, decorative flooring and wall cladding for new/refurbished base
- 2-3 mm thick layer, range of colours
- exclusive, decorative, durable
- texture, pattern can be imprinted. Dust proof.
- good both for floors and walls; on concrete, wood, tiles, plasterboard, dry wall, furniture.
- For apartment, loft, studio, club, wet room, office.
Creativo Baufloor® colour range
Choice of colours of Creativo Baufloor® micro concrete is readily available.
Light grey, CRE02
Natural grey, CRE03
Grey concrete, CRE12
What is microcement?
Microcement’s meaning is not ultimately defined and various manufacturers offer slightly different products. Micro = thin layer. How thin? According to us 2 to 3 mm. Cement = cement-based compound. However polymer additions are also present in the mortar and they make the compound more cohesive and easier to make the layer that thin. Hardening of the mortar occurs chemically, making light traffic on the floor feasible after only 24 hours, and after 7 days complete hardness is achieved. With regular concrete curing time would be up to one month and the proper durability would not be achievable with milimeter-thick layer.
Us – Bautech – couple microcements with classic resins. For two reasons. Firstly resin undercoat is used to stabilize the base for microcement floor. Secondly for the layer thickness is similar in both systems: micro concrete: 2-3 mm; resins: 0,5 – 2,5 mm. Hence both microcements and resins tend to be called milimeter systems and sometimes may be interchangeably applied. For this trait we train in both systems during our training and workshop sessions.
Where microcement proves to be useful?
Microcement is great for:
- both floors and walls
- in homes, lofts, office space, retail space, clubs, restaurants, bathrooms
- for small and mid interiors, where the flooring surface needs to be retained at a given level or it’d be a shame to loose space for thick wall plaster layer
- where we desire decorative properties, however with industrial flair. And microcement is dust-proof – as opposed to regular concrete – to be considered by those who think the micro concrete looks same as regular concrete.